[PD] pd externals load/unload

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 11 17:50:19 CEST 2006

alberto.zin at poste.it wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Your answers raised me one more (simple?) question:
> If I want to load the whole PD exec in the debugger
> I imagine that PD must be compiled with the "debug" flag
> (-g for gcc) activated, am I correct?
> At the moment I didn't try to compile
> PD from the sources yet (I use the H.C.S. extended
> precompiled version on both Linux and WinXP,
> that I don't think are compiled with -g ...)

like always, the simplest thing might be to just try it out.
vanilla pd usually is compiled with "-g", i don't think that pd-extended
has disabled this.
most projects i know are compiled with "-g", probably because autoconf
turns it on automatically (i don't even know how to turn it off - but it
never interested me)

mfg.vfs.
IOhannes