[PD] Fw: checkout-developer-layout.sh

J0sip_Z74tk0_5+0J(sic) sqgl at iprimus.com.au
Tue Sep 26 15:59:37 CEST 2006

Hi everyone.
i'm new to the PD mail-list and new to
PD itself with which i was going to run a jam session and workshop
at this place non-profit community space in Sheffield
http://lowtech.org
that i am volunteering at while visiting UK from Australia/Asia.
We are running Fedora Core 3 (CCRMA).

i do need help to start with please...

It seems netpd requires the latest version of pd to be installed.
(i couldn't run _chat.pd that the netpd community recommends with my 0.37
version of pd).
According to Roman:
> yes, the version matters. i don't know how well you know puredata, but
> 0.39 introduces a new object [list], which is very cool and makes life
> of a pd-user much easier. also netpd makes use of this new object. i'd
> recommend anyway to install 0.39, it is really worth, not only because
> of netpd.

In installing 0.39 is where the installation nightmare begins.

The workshop is advertised for Thursday night and i am
extremely anxious about getting netpd running.
We are running Fedora (not debian) here.
Below is where i outline the current problem to IOhannes m zmoelnig.

Am Cc'ing all the people who have kindly helped so far because time is
running out.
Please do a REPLY-ALL so that these people do not answer
the same question twice (they may not be on the pd-list).

Thanks.
i hope to be a contributing member eventually.
In the meantime i am longing to get back to my Windows machine to run my
music apps!
(if that doesn't inspire people to help nothing will :)

Squiggle

PS Do i even need to run netpd to network several machines running PD
in one physical room?

Oh, and since this is an introduction/Bio here are some links to MP3's of my
music:
http://jo.koan.net/DJsqgl
http://jo.koan.net/s2n
http://jo.koan.net/dose