[PD] midi synch strategy

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 26 18:52:00 CEST 2006

martin.peach at sympatico.ca a écrit : >
> De: patco
> Date: 2006/09/26 mar. AM 10:12:01 GMT-04:00
> À: pd-list at iem.at
> Objet: RE : [PD] midi synch strategy
>
> Hello,
>  some people might be interested about this attached patch for a midi sync.
>
> [242 0 0( won't work as expected because the second argument is for midi port.

It looks like you have to send single numbers in sequence, like 242 followed by two numbers less than 128. Below is a patch that should do that.
At least [midiout] actually sends the message. For me [midiin], on the other end of the cable, outputs 242 and the right outlet is always 2. I don't know where the data went.

Actually now I do. In the source code s_midi.c, the function sys_dispatchnextmidiin():
                /* other kinds of messages are just dropped here.  We'll
                need another status byte before we start letting MIDI in
                again (no running status across "system" messages). */
            case MIDITIMECODE:     /* 1 data byte*/
                break;
            case MIDISONGPOS:       /* 2 */
                break;
            case MIDISONGSELECT:    /* 1 */
                break;

Martin

Okay, that's perfect.
All info are indeed in source files.
We can even send MTC code with 48 packets that contain 241 followed by one argument, but it seems very complicated to set up with pd patches.
Patco