[PD] how to pd2stepper motor?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 6 06:14:28 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Sounds like the [comport] probably didn't create properly.  If you
> have a recent auto-build or the most recent test release, then you can
> send a [info( message to [comport] and get a list of the available
> serial ports and their corresponding numbers.  Then you would do
> [comport 4] if /dev/ttyUSB0 is #4.

I changed [comport] a bit recently in CVS so that the [info( message
outputs the current state of the comport, and a [devices( message gives
the list of devices. This is because the operating system can take a few
seconds to get the device list, which only needs to be loaded once, and
interferes with real-time updates of the input pin status.
As far as steppers go it would be nice to have arduino commands for
steppers. It looks like the existing pduino firmware code can only
change one pin at a time, it would be nice to have a parallel digital
pin command with a mask like set_digital_outs(int output_pattern, int
mask) so the set bits in mask would be changed, at the same time,
according to output_pattern and the zero bits would be unaffected.
Martin