[PD] Motion Detection Strategies - Gem

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:17:51 CEST 2006

Hi David~

Smoothing control signals can be done by using a line object.

[inlet jittery_signal]

[pack f 100] (100 ms linear smoother)

[line]

[outlet smooth_signal]

You can also easily experiment with different forms of interpolation
if you scale your control range over the interval [0, 1].  A quartic
interpolation would simply be like this:

[inlet scaled_line]

[expr pow($f1, 4)]

[outlet quartic_envelope]

For averaging, I believe that .hc has made some nice ones for his HID
library that would suit your purposes.  Or, you could use a list of
however many "control samples" you'd want to average, and then operate
on them with fbar's list-abs.  Or, you could do something like this
with iemmatrix too.  There are even some control rate objects like
lowpass filters and such.  There's a ton of possibilities!

~Kyle