recursive paths [WAS: Re: [PD] missing externals after compilation]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 10 00:48:37 CEST 2006

The way things are currently setup are not the end solution, but a
transitional arrangement.  We are working towards full-fledged
namespaces, like Java, Python, Ruby, C++, etc.  The name prefixes
(jit., ice., kk., iem_) are not namespaces at all. They are just a
technique for generating unique names in a single, global namespace.

The idea then is not that you would load every single library into
the global namespace, which is what the .pdsettings file currently
does.  Instead the grand plan is that you would just load the
libraries you need for a given patch.  You can already do this to
some degree using the [import] object

.hc