What is graph for? [was:Re: [PD] What does number2 for?]

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Oct 12 18:36:55 CEST 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Mike McGonagle wrote:

> On 10/11/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
>> Personally I don't use this functionality at all in real life. I
>> don't
>> even use arrays in real life a lot, I only use [table].
>
> Alright, this begs the question...
>
> What are the finer points on the differences between an array and a
> table? I thought they were functionally the same, and I was under the
> impression that these names were more of an historical oddity, and not
> so much a functionality difference...

...I also have a question related to this, or possibly a bug?  On
OSX, I can't seem to "save contents" of tables, but it works if I
just create an array...one difference between the two is that upon
creation of an array, the "save contents" box is already checked in
the array preference panel:  when creating a table, this box is
unchecked...

...does anyone see this on other platforms?

james