[PD] metro bug in 0.40

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 19 11:16:30 CEST 2006

hi ed.

Ed Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a filter tutorial for my class, and
> it is the 11th hour. I have discovered that the metro
> object behaves wierdly in this patch, chucking out all
> its bangs at once (like kalashnikov).
>
> SO here's the patch...

took me a while to find the problematic object (as soon as i was there,
i saw the "here is the bug" sign....still, i'd suggest this for the
award of bug obfuscating reports (it would be nice if somebody could
make this into proper english))

anyhow, like always ;-) i would say that the bug is in the patch rather
than in pd.

your problem is, that everytime [metro] receives a [1( (or [bang() it
will _immediately_ start to bang. now the first [bang( will trigger the
comparision which returns [1( which is sent to the metro, re-turns it on
(and therefore immediately triggers a bang) and on and on...

attached is an illustration of what i mean.

mfga.sdr
IOhannes