[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sat Oct 21 12:43:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:44:15PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 00:43 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> >i can't see your point here. first, why whould people want to use a
> >forum rather than the mailinglist, if you can access much more people
> >through the mailinglist?
>
> Just because the web is the web and is equated with cool. Also many
> webforums have extensive facilities for making smileys that appear as
> icons. That's what's important.

What the heck people, is it neccesary to be interface snobs? I doubt
that anyone uses forums because "the web is cool". They use forums
because it's their preferred interface for communicating with others. My
preferred interface is vi + mutt, but what's the point of dissing someone
else because that's not their cup of tea?

The forum rules because it means more people getting into puredata,
more community, and eventually better software for all of us. Don't like
it? Don't use it.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx