[PD] Pd does not start... even if I recomile it

a.flow at tiscali.it a.flow at tiscali.it
Thu Nov 2 13:10:56 CET 2006

Hi again,
I am still trying to fix my problem with pd...
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-11/043690.html
probably nobody answered to this because this was to vague

By launching the program in verbose mode, I discovered that probably
something is going wrong in
the communication with the Tk GUI.

Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC6
compiled 08:59:02 Jan 17 2006
port 5400
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/local/lib/pd/tcl/library" TK_LIBRARY="
/usr/local/lib/pd/tk/library"  "/usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" 5400
Waiting for connection request...
retrying connect...

The strange thing is that those TCL and Tk libraries values. point to
directories that does not exist...

andrea at elettrototano ~ $ ls -a /usr/local/lib/pd/
.  ..  bin  doc  extra

instead I have both TCL and TK installed in an other location:
andrea at elettrototano ~ $ whereis tcl tk
tcl: /usr/lib/tcl8.4 /usr/include/tcl.h
tk: /usr/lib/tk8.4 /usr/include/tk.h /usr/share/man/mann/tk.n.gz

some help would be appreciated,
Thank you !
Andrea

Naviga e telefona senza limiti con Tiscali
Scopri le promozioni Tiscali adsl: navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom

http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/