[PD] arguments of [envgen]

ugur guney ugurguney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:39:26 CET 2006

# Hi everybody,
# Today, I wanted to start to make a GUI object to create envelopes easily.
I gave it the name "envgen" and immediately saw that there is already an
[envgen] in pd-extended, which does exactly what I mean! So, who says
finding an external is harder than writing the external itself :-)

# in the help file it says that its arguments are:
"xsize ysize xmax ymax send_symbol receive symbol"
# but as I used it, this information is incorrect. Yes, 1. and 2. arguments
determines the size on the screen but the difference of 3. -  4. arguments
determines the ymax and I couldn't figure out how to set the xmax value. Do
someone know about it?

# And I want to thank to who have written this external. Its very
fundamental and impossible to implement with standart pd, because there
isn't a native object to get the mouse coordinate and button status, in
order to create a new point when clicked with mouse on a canvas. (But I
remember that I saw one implementation of envelope generating GUI using data
structures and GOP, which needs a bang to put a new point on the line graph.
But I forgot its name. I have [s-varseq] abstraction of the same author.)
-ugur guney-