[PD] Per sampleblock manipulation question

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Nov 5 03:17:28 CET 2006

Hello,

Is there a way to do sub-block manipulation on each sample-block in
real-time in PD?

For example, if I have a 64 sample block and all the samples in that
block are zeros except for sample 30 which is a one, and I wanted to
shift all samples up 30 bins (with wrapping) so that now all samples
in this block are zeros except bin 60 which is a one, how would I do
that (without writing my own external)?

If I understand the basic objects correctly, a simple [+~ 30] would
turn the sample block above from all zeros except bin 30 which is a
one into a sample block of all 30's except bin 30 which would now be a
31, right?

Essential, my question is are there bitwise operators such as [>>] and
[<<] exept working on samples instead of bits.
Interestingly, convolution is basically an audio rate 'and' [&&~], right?

Thanks for the help!
-thewade