[PD] running PD from a USB stick / drive

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 5 19:00:24 CET 2006

ad wrote:

> a possible path to explore, I tried once and failed cause the usbdrive
> couldn't support it, but i guess the easiest way to go is via dynebolic
> aka dyneII, first do the docking into a stick then you can get the pd
> module form puredyne (run the livecd and copy the module from /opt into
> /opt in the usbdrive after docking dyneII), then at next boot it will
> have puredata installed. of course you can try to docking pure:dyne
> directly but for me it didnt worked i think my usbdrive is not the right
> one.

it would be interesting to know, why you suggest using a pre-build
version from a live-cd, in contrast to using e.g. pd-extended or a
self-compiled version.

the real trouble is to become independent from installed dylibs (alsa,
jack, tcl,...); checkout statifier [1] for this.

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes

[1] http://statifier.sourceforge.net/ and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/statifier