[PD] problems with the mac os x and Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5.dmg

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Nov 5 19:31:49 CET 2006

Thomas Kronlachner wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have downloaded the package: Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5.dmg from hans
> page (http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html). I have copiied the
> org.data.pd.pdlist into my preferences. I have also draged the pd apps
> into my application folder. When I now try to run a gem patch, I do
> receive a couple of errors, which indicates to me, that pd cannot find
> the gem application (or at least I assume this...) The errors look like
> the following:

you are right, pd cannot find Gem (and if we want to nit-pick, Gem is a
library and not an application; you can use it to build applitcations)

i don't know whether Gem is included in the release of pd-extended.
(check the README, or try to locate a Gem.pd_darwin in the pd-extended
application)
try creating an object [Gem] to see whether pd can load it. watch the
console for any warnings (run pd with the "-verbose" flag for better
information). if you can load it this way, you might want to add it
manually to the libraries to be loaded at startup.

if Gem is not part of your specific pd-extended release, either get a
fresh one from http://autobuild.puredata.info (if you are brave and feel
like beta-testing) or get the Gem-binary fron http://gem.iem.at (most
likely you want the OSX bin-doc package)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes