[PD] configure primary diplay in i810 chipset

list-pd at robmunro.net list-pd at robmunro.net
Tue Nov 7 17:57:59 CET 2006

Hi There,

     NOt excatly a pd related question,  I have just got a new computer with an Intel 945GM video chip set. And have installed ubuntu dapper on it which work pretty well, but i the only problem is that DRI only work on display :0.0 which seem to always be allocated to the laptop screen and i want to allocate :0.0 it to the external monitor so i can use DRI with GEM for performances - so i was just wondering if anyone had tried this and if they have got it working maybe they could send me their xorg.conf.

i have tried the "FlipPrimary" option for i810, and endless cobinations on "MonitorLayout"s but it nothing seems to change the display :0.0 to the external monitor.

Or even just let us know of a good mailing list to post on where i might get an answer. no dice on ubuntu forums.

regards,
Rob Munro.