[PD] [pdp]/[gridflow] trying to use a webcam

Andrew Cavers andrew.cavers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:26:54 CET 2006

Hi Roman,

On 11/8/06, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:
> i've run into big troubles trying to use an usb cam with either gridflow
> or pdp, but it doesn't want to work in both. i wonder if i am doing big
> mistakes or what combination of drivers and cams work with gridflow.

There are problems with pdp and the pwc driver. pdp was designed with
the old closed-source driver and does not work properly with latest
open source version. The solution is to remove the pwc-specific code
from the pdp source and then it will be treated like any other webcam.
Details in this post:
http://elists.resynthesize.com/pd-list/2005/07/1505225/

I have a Quickcam Pro 4000 myself and had great success using it with
pdp after making this change.

I have never used Gridflow, so can't help you there. Perhaps it is a
similar issue?

Also, for general help on the pwc driver, make sure you check the pwc
mailing list. http://www.mail-archive.com/pwc@lists.saillard.org/

Regards,

Andrew.

--