[PD] Re: aubio on mac?

robbert van hulzen robbert at performers.net
Wed Nov 8 21:25:14 CET 2006

thanks for that, scott! it still doesn't work, but i'm sure i'll figure it
out once i have some time and my unix commands book at hand... now not home,
touring north america instead. which of course is lots of fun too!
i didn't install fftw, soundlib, pkgconfig myself, so i'll have to do that
first before compiling. what's more puzzling, the compiled aubio lib doesn't
work, though it's in the right folder, has '-lib audio' in the 'startup
flags' and i also included the path to it in the prefs. but those prefs are
a bit confusing anyway: what i change in the startup prefs as accessed
through pd doesn't always show up in the xml Property List Editor, though
the other way around it does show, at least the 'startup flags' do. i'm now
just changing what i need in the PLE, but i'm not sure whether that's really
the right way. according to mathieu bouchard, .pdrc should be the way to go,
but i'll have to figure out what that is and how that works. also, others
say that method might get outdated, leaving everything to the xml way.
once i get back to the aubio, i'll let you know how i progress.
cheers, robbert

--
Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5
mac osx 10.4.8, 15" G4 PB 1.67 GHz, 1 GB ram