[PD] running PD from a USB stick / drive

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 16:26:58 CET 2006

Going from scratch for a single purpose USB boot I would go the DSL
route because it's so easy, thre's a make USB install script
that adds a filesystem, isolinux and installs the rootfs and all that stuff
for you. Another script allows you to work on the custom image using apt so it's
straightforward to remove lots of stuff to strip it down without falling
into dependency hell, then just add the Pd/GEM deb packages. You could probably
keep it down below 64M with a bit of care.