[PD] compiling gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 9 21:05:23 CET 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Sciss wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name (/Users/rutz/lib) does not exist

This warning can be safely ignored.

> /usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lcrypt

Just remove -lcrypt from Makefile or use GridFlow CVS (preview of version
0.9.0).

If compilation is long, you can save yourself some minutes by removing
"Makefile" from the dependencies list, else "make" tries to rebuild
everything for each edit to the Makefile just in case.

For GridFlow versions 0.8.2 - 0.8.4, some OSX support is missing; I added
it back a few days after 0.8.4. However, I don't recommend going back to
0.8.1.

> [puredata] Miller Puckette's Pure Data:

This is the only thing that you really need to watch out for. Please put
m_pd.h somewhere so that GridFlow can see it.

> [jpeg] JPEG Library: missing (where is jpeglib.h ?)

It would be sad if you didn't have jpeg support (even though it's
optional).