[PD] windows compile - one last try

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 11 00:38:03 CET 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 4:54 AM, Patco wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>
>> That howto is tailored to building Pd 0.39.2, hence the broken
>> file names for newer versions.  You can also just download a
>> nightly build:
>>
>> http://autobuild.puredata.info.
>>
>> .hc
> Hi,
> The features list is long!
> I haven't tried to compile a nightly build yet, but will do it soon,
> with MY modified  version of makefile.mingw, because the one
> available on the tutorial seems obsolete.
> Also I've got some questions:
> I've tried to build pd with using tcl/tk-8.5 sources with no
> satisfaying results, pd.exe is still linked to wish84.exe,
> Did anyone successfully built pd with this TCL/TK version?
> I am also wondering if some ::ix widgets requires tcl/tk-8.5?
> Thanks a lot for any anwers.
> PatCo.

Even better than improving on the crappy makefile.mingw that has been
hacked together by Miller, Carmen, me and probably others, I suggest
you help me get Pd compiling on MinGW using the same ./configure &&
make interface as the other platforms.

I don't think it would be hard, I have already gotten things to
compile properly using ./configure on MinGW, but not everything
worked properly.  If there is at least one (even more, more)
committed Windows user that will help out, then we can get the
Windows build more in line with the rest.

Then we can move onto to the other issues.