[PD] GGEE/state

Federico xaero at inwind.it
Sat Nov 11 15:35:24 CET 2006

Patco ha scritto:
> Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
>> if you don't put 'list' and the messagebox contents doesn't start with
>> a float, then the message would have that selector instead of 'list',
>> and so would represent a different command to the object.
>>
>> 'list' is the implied selector when a messagebox begins with a
>> nonsymbol; if it begins with a symbol then that symbol is the selector.
> All right, it's very clear, so the preset loading message have to begin
> with 'list' because it hasn't any selector.
> I was confused because I thought that 'load' was a selector for loading
> the preset when I've been reading sources,
> but that 'load' selector didn't work and i've finally found 'list' for
> selector with random tries, lucky me.

yeah, that would be more "classic" a message like "load presetname" and
"save presetname", but that doesn't matter....

i see here [state] only saves floatatoms and symbolatoms

what those objects do, and other gui objects don't?

also, i see no such function about state persistance in dev-docs (i
refer to http://iem.at/pd/externals-HOWTO/ since i haven't found
anything else)

is there a reason why pd lacks this (imho essential) feature?

--
Federico