[PD] how to synchronize audio and video?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Nov 11 19:01:45 CET 2006

Enrique Tomas wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for some object to play a video file at different framerates that contains audio, synchronizing audio and video.
> By now, I have tried loading the audio in a different raw file, playing the number of samples that corresponds to the framerate. My next plan is test [pdp_qt~], but I think it only works with .mov files and I am running Linux.

what is wrong with .mov on linux?
which file-format do you suggest as "native" to linux? microsoft's avi
;-) ??

i would suggest either [pdp_qt~] or separate audio and video and load
the audio into a table. this will give you more freedom in how to
stretch the audio (e.g. using phase vocoder), but also more work.
the simplest solution is surely [pdp_qt~]

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes