[PD] spectrogram in PD

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 13 18:26:21 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, andrea valle wrote:

> I was trying to understand if there's a(n easy) way to plot a spectrum.
> I guess it should be easily feasible, as I saw both pd capabilties in
> time domain, both Miller Puckette's figures in the book.
> But looking in docs and on the web I got confused and I'm not able to find
> answers to my question.

You can combine [fft~] with [tabsend~] and [table]. Clicking on the
[table] will show you the contents. If you want to make a polar transform,
you may want to combine cos and sin like [expr~ sqrt($v1*$v1+$v2*$v2)] to
get an amplitude plot. If you want a phase plot you can use [expr~
atan($v1,$v2)] or maybe it's $v2 first.

If you want something fancier, have a look at
http://gridflow.ca/gallery/spectrogram.gif