[PD] ogg objects problem

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Wed Nov 15 17:47:34 CET 2006

Hallo!

> For samples that  were not generated in pd
> (encoded from a wav with oggenc or audacity for exemple)
> sndfiler, oggread and oggwrite always seems to "acelerate" the pitch a
> little bit.

I cannot speak for oggread/write, but how do you mean that sndfiler
accelerates the pitch ?
Sndfiler only reads the samples into a table - the pitch depends on how
fast you play the table ...

> The original sample rate of the samples were always the same that pd is
> playing in my machine (44100).
>
> Does anyone know someting about it or perceived something similar? Or
> maybe I am doing something wrong?

Maybe you have a wrong setting with your PD or soundcard ?

You could try to play files with readsf~ and check if there is also a
wrong pitch ...

LG
Georg