[Pd] Installing Pd on Linux

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 19:53:35 CET 2006

On 11/17/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> Hallo,
> Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > So I untar this gz file and cd to the src directory.  I follow the
> > instructions, and pd installs to /home/chuckk/pd-0.40.0-2.
>
> Which .gz file is this? I've never seen a pd-tgz install to the home
> directory unless you specificially configured it this way. Default
> install target is "/usr/local/" Or did you miss the final "make
> instalL" step after compiling?

Hi.
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software/pd-0.40-2.src.tar.gz
I think it was just that I was running "make" as a normal user, one of
the possibilities in the INSTALL.txt.  I did make install as root, and
it's in /usr/local now.
Sometimes I think I should have spent some time in a monastery before
installing Linux.  I'd flip out a little less.
-Chuckk