[PD] Installing Libraries

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Nov 18 06:32:06 CET 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 11:06 AM, derek holzer wrote:

> Hi Steffan,
>
> Steffen wrote:
>> 'ello Francesco, Pd-list,
>> On 17/11/2006, at 14.44, derek holzer wrote:
>>> And there is a build script in the CVS folder. Go to the folder
>>> build/darwin and type "make". This will make all the externals in
>>> the script.
>> This might be trivial: In relation to your 'step 2' the externals
>> you'd like to install might very well depend on lib's you don't
>> have on the system by default, hence they are to be installed first.
>
> My impression is that the build script only does externals with no
> deps besides PD. Which is why GEM, PDP and the Flext externals
> (among others) are left out.
>
> Deps for those libs depend very much on the functionality you want
> (Quicktime, Theonice, etc etc). You'll have to check each lib to
> see what functions and deps are there.

The Pd-extended build system can do basic dependencies with the .libs
file.  Its a hack but its simple and works.  For functional examples,
check out:

./bsaylor/partconv~.libs
./bsaylor/pvoc~.libs
./frankenstein/rhythms_memory.libs
./hardware/multio/multio.libs
./hcs/usbhid/usbhid.libs
./pdogg/oggamp~/oggamp~.libs
./pdogg/oggcast~/oggcast~.libs
./pdogg/oggread~/oggread~.libs
./pdogg/oggwrite~/oggwrite~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3amp~/mp3amp~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3cast~/mp3cast~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3live~/mp3fileout~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3live~/mp3streamin~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3live~/mp3streamout~.libs
./unauthorized/mp3write~/mp3write~.libs
./unauthorized/speex~/speexin~.libs
./unauthorized/speex~/speexout~.libs

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/