[PD] vst~: MIDI note's channel not supported?

Torsten Anders torstenanders at gmx.de
Sat Nov 18 16:04:11 CET 2006

Dear list,

I very much like that PD supports VST instruments via the [vst~] object
-- thanks to its authors! It appears to me that MIDI note input is only
supported via a note message in the format

	note <keyNumber> <velocity>

I would really like to also specify the note's channel (instead of
running dozens of instances of my instrument plugin), but I didn't find
any way to do that. Am I perhaps missing something??

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Torsten

PS: Sorry, if this issue was already discussed before, but I didn't
find any such information in the archive.

--
Torsten Anders
Sonic Arts Research Centre • Queen's University Belfast