[PD] data structures - get symbol?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Nov 19 12:03:48 CET 2006

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> I have a patch where I wanted to get the data of the structures to write a
> .txt file. the special question was about the symbol capabilities: how far
> are symbols part of DS? I noticed that drawsymbol works, but I don't know
> how to write a symbol to the structure (and there's no documentation yet).
> is it possible already to store and retrieve symbols in DS, just like
> floats? which version is necessary to have?

This should work since 0.39, but as always with data structures: This
is an area that's changing a lot with every new Miller-Pd so I'd
recommend to use 0.40 instead. With that, you can [set] and [get]
symbol fields as shown in attached patch. Setting them on creation
with [append] doesn't seem to work yet, however, at least I couldn't
make it work.

Ciao