[PD] up-down saw-wave

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Sun Nov 19 22:06:24 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 15:40 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2006, at 11:19 AM, derek holzer wrote:
>
> > hard off wrote:
> >> ah thanks.  a triangle oscillator is exactly what i need. cheers.
> >
> > Keep in mind that none of these are anti-aliased AFAIK, so you
> > could easily get aliased harmonic frequencies. There's a few
> > threads in the archive about avoiding this. My personal solution is
> > to use [plugin~] with the BLOP LADSPA oscillator plugins.
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to implement the BLOP LADSPA algorithm
> in Pd, so that there would be native anti-aliased oscilators.  Its
> something that Pd sorely needs.

iirc the 'pd way' to create anti-aliased oscillators is upsampling and
filtering.

tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Nothing exists until or unless it is observed. An artist is making
something exist by observing it. And his hope for other people is that
they will also make it exist by observing it. I call it 'creative
observation.' Creative viewing.
  William S. Burroughs