[PD] comport issue

renaud.herne at belgacom.be renaud.herne at belgacom.be
Tue Nov 21 10:27:03 CET 2006

Hey,

I got something similar last night.
I tried to interface a serial mouse to one of my com ports.
The idea behind this is to get more handy controls at no cost.
I checked the proto of the mouse I found back in stuff with a terminal and a hex editor.
It mached the description of a Microsoft 2 button mouse (3 data words of 7 bits 1200 bps no parity one stop no handshake)
So far so good
But I didn't recieved anything in comport (after turning off the teminal to release the com)
I also tried something less exotic (another PC connected wit a null modem cable to the port  - Both running 9600-8-N-1 no handshake)
But I wasn't able to get anything.
I noticed that open 0 opens COM1,  open 1 opens com 2...

The number box at the bottom of the commport example should disply something right?

I am running 0.38.4-extended-RC8 under Windows XP

Any hints?

Thank you

Renaud