[PD] DOS prompt

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 21 16:41:47 CET 2006

> From: derek holzer <derek at x-i.net>
> Date: 2006/11/21 Tue AM 09:27:00 EST
> To: Georg Holzmann <grhPD at gmx.at>
> CC: pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: Re: [PD] DOS prompt
>
> Georg Holzmann wrote:
> > Hallo!
> >
> >> thanks. But I wanted a "real world" example. I don't remember what the
> >> rest of the path used to look like. Some kind of "My\
> >> Programs/blah/blah/blah" business. Whatever the default Windows place
> >> is...
> >
> > but that depends, where you copy your pd folder ...
> > On a german system it could be C:\Programme\Pd\bin\pd.exe !
>
> Yes, I know.
>
> But this is getting silly. It's really a simple question I'm asking ;-)
>
> I am writing an article, and I just wanted to show one example of this
> path for each OS. Can someone with an English language Windows system
> and a default PD installation please send me the DOS command prompt
> which that particular system uses to start PD?

There's a shortcut whose target is:

"C:\Program Files\Pure Data\pd.bat"

(the qotes are essential for Program Files to be recognized as one item)
and pd.bat contains:

"bin\pd.exe" -font 10 -path "doc\vasp" -lib cyclone -lib gem -lib iemlib1 -lib iemlib2 -lib iem_t3_lib -lib iem_mp3 -lib mjLib -lib OSC -lib percolate -lib vasp -lib xeq -lib xsample -lib zexy -listdev %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Martin