[PD] DOS prompt

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 21 21:15:36 CET 2006

> From: "David Powers" <cyborgk at gmail.com>
> Date: 2006/11/21 Tue PM 01:12:48 EST
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Subject: Re: Re: [PD] DOS prompt
>
> I remember using .bat files in the past, but last time I tried to make
> something like this, when I clicked on the file nothing happened (in
> XP). What's the deal with that? Do you I have to run it from command
> line?

If you click on a bat file the window doesn't stay open, so you don't get to see the errors. If there are no errors it should work.
The only way I know in XP to have the window stay open is to open a "Command Prompt" and navigate to the bat file, then run it.
I suspect there _is_ a way to have the window remain open, probably some registry setting.
Martin