[PD] reverse & variable speed soundplayback?

robbert van hulzen robbert at performers.net
Wed Nov 22 01:52:21 CET 2006

hi all
to gain some understanding of this wonderful & mysterious world called pd,
i'm building a little sampler / soundfile manager to use with my hardware
roland spd-s (midi drumcontroller). it's all going well and it's fun trying
to get my mind around all the semi-maths involved, but one thing i just
don't know where to start with is how to play the sound back in variable
speeds (preferably controlled by a number box) and / or backwards. in the
helpfile for [play~] it says it does it, but i find its workings rather
unpredictable... i'm now using [tabplay~] in my abstraction, mainly because
of the [bang] it outputs after finishing (so i can make it loop) and because
it plays back immediately.
thanks a lot,
robbert

--
Pd-0.39.2-extended-test5
mac osx 10.4.8, 15" G4 PB 1.67 GHz, 1 GB ram