[PD] pd on ps3

Danks, Mark MDanks at ea.com
Wed Nov 22 04:22:17 CET 2006

  I'll chime in, although I can't say too much about this due to NDA issues...

  There is no reason you couldn't have the DSP networks running on the SPUs.  You wouldn't want to bother with having a full fledged PD instance on the SPU (it wouldn't fit anyways).  However, if you rewrote the ~ objects to generate a network which could DMA and process on the SPUs you would be good to go.  Just keep the main PD exe on the PPU.

  On a random note, I actually got PD and GEM running on a PS2 a few years ago...it is possible.

Mark