[PD] up-down saw-wave

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Wed Nov 22 23:48:59 CET 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:

thanks for the many tipps!

 > In the long run you could save quite some CPU cycles by using the more
 > traditional clock-based sequencing where possible.

in the past (reaktor) i have used the songposition most of the time, and
made everything counter-based. (always perfectly in sync,
but harder to manually re-sync).
since i was happy that my first pd patch (a 'rockafella'-based
loop-player) was running pretty well (and in sync) with this
pahsor based approach, i continued to use this method. i agree that it
is a waste of cpu. maybe id would be a good idea to use only one phasor
(or a vline based 'phasor') to drive a counter and than use this
counter for the different sequencers. at least when it is not
neccessary to sync the different modules independently.
(groovebox2...)

bis denn!
    martin