[PD] frequency shifter

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Nov 24 13:36:49 CET 2006

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Frequency shifting (adding each partial's frequency by an offset) isn't
> the same as pitch shifting (multiplying each partial's frequency by a
> ratio).

Oh yes, absolutely correct! Thx for reminding!

> The objects hilbert~ and complex-mod~ will help you, as they helped me
> when I tried to make a snare drum following that tutorial

This definitely seems like overkill if what you need are two or three
triangle waves with a frequency offset in order to produce an inharmonic
spectrum, which is what is shown in that diagram regardless of what
(hardware-emulating) functions they have recommended to get that result.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl