[PD] re bug report on pd not finding files

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Nov 27 02:12:55 CET 2006

robbert van hulzen wrote:

> but a number of help files that live in subfolders in 5.ref do not load,
> even though they're there. a matter of paths? i can work around it by
> opening them from the Finder, but i'd think they should open the usual way.

Keep in mind that the paths are not recursive, i.e. they don't go into
subfolders. I find this very annoying as well. The reason this exists in
only because of nameclashes in externals (so that you can choose which
version of [wrap] you want to load, for example). The trouble that this
non-recursive searching causes is really so great, I wonder why
namespaces aren't used instead (i.e. [iemlib_wrap]). But I've mentioned
this before, and since I don't have time to implement it myself I guess
I'll have to live with it ;-)

best,
derek

--