PDDP-meta [was: Re: [PD] bowed string?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 27 20:34:01 CET 2006

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Max Neupert hat gesagt: // Max Neupert wrote:
>
> > that does not open a file chooser but a patch wich contains [pd
> > PDDP_META] here.
> > osx pd 0.39.2-ext
>
> That's a somehow known bug with how pd-extendend and cyclone work
> together. I don't know if there is a fix for it yet.

Which reminds me: The abstraction you see is the cyclone
"pddp-meta"-patch. These are always called just like the library,
which suddenly to me doesn't seem like a good idea, because if you
import that library it introduces an avoidable nameclash with the
library itself, if or maybe with other objects.

Assume I made a library to deal with textfile-managing and I wanted to
call it "textfile". Then the metafile would be "textfile.pd" but it
would nameclash with the [textfile] builtin.

I believe, the meta-file should have a different name composed of the
library name and an additional post- or prefix, like
"cyclone-PDDP.pd", or live in a "meta" subdirectory or something like
that. Comments?

Ciao