[PD] Calling a Dos Batch script

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Nov 28 02:12:36 CET 2006

On Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 07:00:43PM -0500, Paul Coleman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to get pd to call up a dos batch script that includes CDP
> (Composers Desktop Project) commands.  I know the shell object works on the
> unix side, but is there a windows equivilent?

you can use [popen]. theres also [system] if you dont need a return value, and/or don't want pd to block waiting for the shell activity to finish. i got fairly close to getting [shell] ported which would have been the best of both worlds, but im not sure if i just couldnt figure it all out, or it was legitimate windows problems, that prevented it from being completed.

  Many thanks in advance!