[PD] Re: invisible py object on Windows

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:39:14 CET 2006

On 11/28/06, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:

> chris clepper schrieb:
> > The workaround is to bury the object down tow subpatches and it
> > magically appears.
> Wow. You mean the py external is invisible in root patches, but visible
> in subpatches? What about abstractions?

Exactly the case - subpatches display the object but the top level patch
does not.  I haven't tried an abstraction yet.  If the abstraction works I
coudl simply roll one around the py object I suppose.  I only use it in
abstractions for actual work, the problem only happened with simple test
patches.

I never really was able to reproduce the behaviour...

The binaries for everything are identical between machines so I have no idea
what is the variable causing the invisible object.

greetings,