[PD] GRiPD and shell don't play well together

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 29 17:23:50 CET 2006

Hi,

alberto.zin at poste.it a écrit :
> Hi David,
>

>> Just out of curiousity, why did this project die?
>> It seems to be one of the most promising/interesting
>> approaches I've seen to using PD.

I've given a try to gripd on windows only, and I had to give up because
after a few created objects, the interface becomes a CPU glouton.
pd graph-on-parents is more efficient,  and they both doesn't work with
-nogui option,
while it's possible to use a GUI from tkinter (and py external) in
-nogui mode.
It's also possible to write and put nice designed widgets with using
toxy/widget.
 This are the reasons why this project doesn't seems anymore
interesting, unless a more efficient version comes out.
Patco.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com