[PD] GRiPD and shell don't play well together

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 00:24:56 CET 2006

Well, the current PD Gui stuff is not adequate for pro performance
situations as far as I'm concerned. Even a small number of Gui
elements visible will totally destroy the audio and cause severe
dropouts, in my personal experience. And from what I hear this may be
true on more than one OS...

So there MUST be a better way, maybe GriPD is not it though. All I
know is, I don't have these problems with Ableton and Reaktor even
with tons of stuff in the GUI's... Whereas currently my approach to PD
is that one should use as little GUI as possible, or it won't run.

~David