[PD] GRiPD and shell don't play well together

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Thu Nov 30 06:52:36 CET 2006

It seems like there are a couple of options for GUI interfaces other
than GRiPD, and I didn't know this. Can you say more about toxy, the
Graph on Parent or tcl-tk widgets made by ix and MIXed or any other
technique? How can I learn more about these as related specifically to
GUI interface building? More important to me than the runtime results
--- are these as quick as GRiPD in building the interface? I can throw
together a GUI interface in GRiPD that is presentable to users very
quickly. That is extremely important to me as I am building rough
prototypes which undergo rapid changes in very limited time. If these
other techniques also offer those quick results, I am interested. If
not...I would just as soon build my own widgets in wxPython and
communicate to them w/ sockets when I am ready for more than a rough
prototype. And, until then, I'll use GriPD for its speed in the
development process. I'm not having any CPU load issues.

-John