[PD] DesireData 0.40.pre5

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Wed Dec 20 05:29:49 CET 2006

Hey Mathieu!

On OSX intel.

First I compile and get the error:

cc -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -I../../src -o lrshift~.o -c lrshift~.c
cc -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o lrshift~.pd_darwin lrshift~.o
rm -f lrshift~.o
cc -DPD -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused
-Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -I../../src -o pique.o -c pique.c
cc -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o pique.pd_darwin pique.o
rm -f pique.o
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `pd_darwin'.  Stop.

Then I remove "sigmund~" from the makefile in src/, because I noticed
that the makefile in extra/sigmund~ looks kind of sparse compared to
the other externals in extra/. Everything seems to make fine after
that.

And then I'm met with this:

snowball:~/downloads/desiredata-0.40.pre5/src david$ wish desire.tk
Error in startup script: can't set
"::tk::dialog::file::showHiddenBtn": parent namespace doesn't exist
    while executing
"set ::tk::dialog::file::showHiddenBtn 1"
    (file "desire.tk" line 955)
snowball:~/downloads/desiredata-0.40.pre5/src david$ sys_vgui: lost
message: pdtk_post "reading startup file: /Users/david/.pdrc\n"
sys_vgui: lost message: set pd_whichapi 0
sys_vgui: lost message: set pd_whichmidiapi 5
bind: Address already in use (48)
sys_vgui: lost message: set pd_whichmidiapi 5
sys_vgui: lost message: set pd_whichapi 0

D!

On 19/12/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

>   .---------------------------------------------------------------------.
>   | http://artengine.ca/desiredata/download/desiredata-0.40.pre5.tar.gz |
>   `---------------------------------------------------------------------'
>
> DesireData 0.40.pre5 (2006.12.19) (-r desiredata; ./configure && make) :
>
>   * merged changes from Miller's pd 0.40-2 (80% of it)
>   * new canvas method "reply_with" of canvases replaces the implicit
>     reply-matching of pre4. (even less bug-prone)
>   * server-side wires and scalars appear to client just like other objects.
>   * floatatom,symbolatom,[nbx] use normal Tk text edition just like
>     ObjectBox,MessageBox,Comment have done for a while
>   * obsolete t_object fields removed: te_type te_width
>   * global object table (crash protection for bindless .x targets)
>   * variable width font usable in ObjectBoxes and MessageBoxes and
>     Comments.
>   * [hsl] [vsl] support jump-on-click again
>   * lots of bugfixes
>   * -console and -lang moved to Client Preferences dialog
>   * added some more translations by Patrice Colet
>   * removed Find menu in main window
>   * added Find, Find Next, Find Last Error (canvas windows only)
>   * choose between horizontal and vertical in Properties of slider or
>     radio.

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
> | Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada

http://sintheta.org