[Pd] Installing Pd on Linux

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 04:51:20 CET 2006

I'm back to this.  For various reasons, I've had to reinstall Linux
numerous times on two different laptops.  I'm trying once again to get
pd to recognize jack.

I have the libjack dev package installed, the xserver-xorg dev files,
tcl and tk devs, and gcc.
# ./configure --enable-alsa --enable-jack
# make depend
# make install

Pd shows the jack audio option under Media, and the dialog box comes
up, but it never shows up in jack control and when I pull down the
Media menu again it isn't selected.

Debian, 2.6.18-3-amd64
pd-0.40-2

What could I be missing this time?