[PD] reverse delay for live signal processing?

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Mon Dec 25 22:20:13 CET 2006

Hi Kevin,

i think you are getting dropouts when using arrays since the graphical
data in the array object is being updated. Use the [table] object (which
is the same as an array, but without the graphical display right
visible. The waveform is accessible once you double-click it).

Using arrays/tables you can also loop backwards, which is not possible
using delread/write.

So you would have to write into an array cyclically (phasor~ is your
friend here), and read at the same position, feeding back the audio
signal from the tabread to tabwrite, thus creating a loop.

You would have to force pd to do this one after the other ("order
forcing") by putting the into a subpatch each, and connect those
subpatches via audio patch cords. (there is also something on this topic
in the help patches in you doc folder i think).

Once you got this working, don't forget to check out the "vasp" library!

Good luck,

Peter