[PD] [*] vs [*~]

Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net Cyrille.Damez at laposte.net
Wed Jan 3 22:23:24 CET 2007

Le Samedi 30 Décembre 2006 23:27, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> But how does the type of those cords represent anything else than
> limitations of the implementation?

Why should all the limitations of the implementation be hidden ?

Be it under the guise of unexplainable behavior or inefficient patches, the
Law of Leaky Abstractions will bite those who venture too far along the road
of "We have to hide this because the user really don't want to know."

> How does the choice of considering
> those things as distinct types, and the choice to not auto-convert between
> types, constitute wise design decisions, beyond just being things that we
> have to accept as fact in the context of Pd?

Would

[bang(

[dac]

produce any sound if pd was automagically converting types ?