[PD] helpfiles

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 6 23:23:26 CET 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Steffen wrote:
>> On 06/01/2007, at 15.41, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>> are we there to explain all inlets and outlets one by one, or are
>>> we there to explain how the data flows?
>> how about both (in the order you mention)?
>
> What I'm trying to say is that if you describe what's flowing in
> the wire that connects the outlet to the inlet, then it's redundant
> to say what's coming out of the outlet and/or what's coming into
> the inlet.

Its easier to visually layout the info clearly when describing the
inlets (among other reasons), so that's how we've handled it.  Plus
it makes for a good quick reference.

If you really want to get into the details of the decisions that were
made, I encourage you to check the archives, that works better than
my memory:

http://puredata.org/dev/pddp

.hc

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/