[PD] wave morphing

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Sun Jan 14 14:34:07 CET 2007

Hello,

> I didn't try this freeware, but it looks like very good, the info.html
> is explicitly show the fonctionning,then we could deduce how to proceed
> for doing something similar with this.
> Also I am not sure how one hundred of waveforms would be stored into the
> patch.

I didnt looked into your patch yet but usually these waveforms are
stored in one table as one sample. Your tabread object should run
through one waveform at a time, I have to look up how much bytes they
are but assume 256, so it runs from 0 to 255 and to switch to another
waveform you add n*256 where n is the waveformnumber. When you switch
with a line object over several waveforms, you get the wonderful crude
ppg sound but you should make sure that it goes only whole numbers
without fractions so it really jumps a whole waveform each step. It can
be done by sending the moving number through an int object.

Even in the boring rompler 'synthesizers' of the 90s all samples are
usually stored in one big memorychunk. The Emu line of Proteus and
Morpheus Synthesizers even let you change the wavestart, -end and loop
settings beyond one sample borders so you can create rather sick material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavetable

Cheers,

Malte
--