[PD] pictures from a digital camera

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 16 11:34:07 CET 2007

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> raphy.ilias at free.fr wrote:
> > that type of card. I had managed to display "clone" and "extended" screen. But
>
> this is what frank said: use "clone"; some (esp. older) gfx cards on
> laptops will do this in hardware (no drivers involved);

Note that with the Intel chips or at least with their Xorg driver, you
probably do *not* want to enable the Option "Clone" in xorg.conf.
Even though this will make the second head ("Pipe B") display a cloned
mirror of what's on the first head, Pipe B then will not be able to
use "Video overlay functions"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_overlay) according to the "i810"
manual page.

Another note: I found several websites which state that enabling
Xinerama disables Direct Rendering (on i810). So you probably want to
disable Xinerama for Gem, too.

Ciao